Here is my review of why I absolutely hated Thor Ragnarok. Go through it and let me know if you feel the same way or not. And yeah – see if you can come up with the answers to the questions in the end.
Thor Ragnarok stars
- Chris Hemsworth as Thor
- Tom Hiddleston as Loki
- Cate Blanchett as Hela
- Idris Elba as Heimdall
- Jeff Goldblum as Grandmaster
- Tessa Thompson as Scrapper 142 (or Valkyrior)
- Karl Urban as Skurge the Executioner
- Mark Ruffalo as Hulk
- Anthony Hopkins as Obin
- Directed by Waititi
Thor Ragnarok: Plotline in a nutshell
- In Thor: Ragnarok, Thor accidentally lands on the alien planet Sakaar and is on a quest to save Asgard from Hela.
Thor Ragnarok: Global Reception
- Thor Ragnarok grossed $650 million making it the 10th highest grossing movie of 2017.
Why Thor Rangnork Sucked:
- They tried to make Thor more like Batman & Robin movie making it goofy & funny for the sake of being funny.
- The lines were cheesy, costumes looked cheap, plot was stale
- Thor was supposed to be introduced as a The God of Thunder towards the end – but kept becoming the God of Thunder so many times during the movie
- Mind-numbing, boring and repetitious beyond belief,
- No emotional connections to the characters
- The Trailer gave away main points of the movie
- New Characters weren’t explained
- The transitions from one scene to another were too quick
Questions no one watching Thor Ragnarok asked:
- How did Loki come back?
- What was the point of the scene of Thor taking pictures with people on Earth?
- What was the point of Loki disappearing courtesy Dr. Strange?
- What was the point of introducing Dr. Strange for a few minutes?
- Is Strange more powerful than 2 gods?
- Thor & Loki meet Odin – just for Odin to die and at that exact moment, Hela appears?
- Wasn’t Odin supposed to be dead?
- Why did Odin go to Earth?
- Why did we never know about this sister of his before?
- Why does Hela look like a BDSM version of a Maleficent copycat?
- Why and how did this evil sister destroy his undestroyable hammer?
- How do Thor & Loki land on the same planet and how does Loki land before and become so pally with the Grand Master?
- Why is Valkyrior introduced like a ‘Hans-Solo’ like renegade who captures Thor
- Why is Grandmaster a lookalike of Princess Padme (of Star Wars) – remember that over the top dress with the red blip on her whitely painted lips?
- Why is the fight between Thor & Hulk so flat?
- Why is the introduction of Korg and Miek so flat?
- What is the point of introducing Grandmaster as a DJ/Warlord?
- What was the point of killing a creature making him into Blue Ooze?
- How did Hulk get to Sakkar on an airplane
- How in the world did Hulk – who was supposed to be violent and uncontrollable – suddenly become so controllable and yeah – humorous?
- How did Hulk develop the logic & ability to reason so well?
- How did Bruce Banner personality change so much?
- The humor worked for Deadpool – so why not Thor Right? But then are jokes like Ass-Guard & Devils Anus really supposed to be funny?
- So Banner jumps from the ship to transform into the Hulk. In the Avengers Part 1 – he does it in seconds. Now he cannot?
- Why did Thor lose his eye?
- Thor becomes the god of Thunder only towards the end after losing his eye? Why not from before?
- Why does Skurge suddenly realizes he has done wrong and sacrifices himself?
- Surtur is reborn and destroys Asgard and apparently kills Hela. Is this what really happened?
- Why is the destruction of Asgard the same as Superman’s home planet Krypton destruction?
- Whats the point of Thor stepping as a crowned king on board Grandmaster’s vessel more like ‘star-trek’ kind of parody – which once again falls flat?
Loy Machedo’s Moment of Truth
- Contrary to what the majority has stated, Thor Ragnarok may be a visually exciting movie but sadly tries too hard to be too funny no pointless reasons and it has no clue where it is headed. And finally, what it achieves is a nothingness to its nonsense and absolutely kills the charisma its characters once hand.