From the desk of Loy Machedo: Personal Brand Secrets – 127 Personal Branding Secrets Which Helped Me Make Millions
It is not uncommon for me to be asked this question again and again.
Loy Machedo – what is your secret?
Seriously man, how did you make it?
How do you make money online?
Why or how is it possible that you are able to make money wherever you are and whenever you want to?
And at its worst, people refuse to believe me completely.
They think I am fake – which I guess is flattering because my level of success is supposed to be so elusive, that it becomes hard for people to believe I am for real.
So here, I thought why not once and for all, address this question and share with people the startegies of what makes me – me.
The bits and pieces I would offer clients and students of mine – are all here.
So Read, Learn & Enjoy what I call as my Personal Brand Secrets.
I hope they give you an insight into what has gone into creating the brand named Loy Machedo.
And yes, if you do feel I have added any value to you, please do share it with others.
The World’s #1 Personal Branding Coach
Personal Brand Secrets – 127 Personal Branding Secrets Which Helped Me Make Millions
1. Choose where you want to start building your platform
2. Identify your strengths and weakness
3. Discover what is the one thing you love
4. Ask yourself what is the one thing you would want to spend the rest of your life doing
5. Ask yourself what is the one thing you love doing – even if no one else paid you money
6. What is the one thing you would love to do – which comes naturally to you?
7. What is the one thing you would love to do – which you would love to do every single day – at least even for a hour – starting from now.
8. Ensure you are consistent with your image, values, beliefs & persona in all channels
9. Share knowledge about this one thing freely through various mediums
10. Learn to be authentically yourself
11. Be clear about your value systems to yourself and to others
12. Be absolutely clear about what you offer
13. Be clear about how much you charge
14. Be memorable in your introduction
15. Create curiosity about yourself always
16. You can be good, bad, funny, serious – make it clear to world what it is that you choose to be.
17. Share information for free through the gift economy
18. Know clearly your target audience
19. Identify your target demographics
20. Have a budget (money) for your brand
21. Dedicate time every single day for your brand
22. Invest every month in your brand
23. Make sure every bit of information you share – also gives your contact details
24. Offer services & take recommendations
25. Learn to advertise yourself consistently
26. Share one bit about your image and brand every single day
27. Offer something of value to everyone every single day – in some form or another
28. Connect with people of the same industry
29. Learn from people who are better than you
30. Read books and journals related to your industry & niche
31. Get trained by experts who are better than you
32. Have multiple paid professionals to guide you
33. Have a mentor who will oversee your complete growth
34. Write articles, upload videos and share information regarding your subject of expertise.
35. Learn the Art of Public Speaking,
36. Learn the Art of Networking
37. Learn the Art of Self Marketing
38. Learn the Art of Copywriting
39. Learn the Art of Blogging
40. Learn the Art of Video Blogging
41. Constantly generate content on a recurring basis
42. Be disciplined about sharing content on time (e.g. twice a week)
43. Ensure uniformity of Message, Design, Content & Style for your Brand
44. Have a well-defined strategy and one that evolves with time
45. Ensure You have an Email Strategy both for marketing, responding & communicating.
46. Make sure your Email address is professional and matches you brand
47. Ensure everything you upload – photographs, images, content, blogs, thoughts, updates is google friendly and can be picked up by google
48. Entertain, Educate & Enhance the Value of your followers – for free
49. Be unafraid to ask for help – anything from something as small as like, share, to comment and then to actually recommend others to you
50. Have a team of Influencers who would be more than happy to work for you
51. Join groups, affiliations, clubs, and business units to expand on your networks
52. Ensure you have a strong Linkedin presence.
53. Fill up your Linkedin profile properly
54. Ensure what you post about you on all Social Media platform matches and is the same
55. Ensure you have the right connections on Linkedin
56. Ensure you have plenty of recommendations on Linkedin
57. Take part is discussions on Linkedin
58. Post value based articles on linkedin and link them to your website also
59. Seek questions and offer answers
60. Seek speaking opportunities
61. Learn to be unique in your dress sense, mannerisms and experience
62. Make sure your website is a reflection of who you are
63. Always have a checklist for what you are supposed to do and not supposed to do
64. Engage with your followers
65. Share great pictures and moments which are insync with your brand
66. Learn to handle criticisms and also learn to respond to them
67. Practice and Hone your skill until you reach perfection
68. Be prepared to fail especially when you try new things. But make sure you correct it quickly
69. Ensure you are easily contactable
70. Ensure your name is reserved by you on all platforms (website, blog, twitter, facebook, youtbe). If it is not accessible – try the one that comes closest to it
71. Ensure you have an alert for your name on google
72. Make it easy for yourself to share information and content easily
73. Have a group of experts who can consult you on how you can boost your brand
74. Ensure you have a world-class mentor to educate you on how to move ahead
75. Your Personal Brand Strengths – Identify your top 5
76. Your Personal Brand Strengths – Ensure they are totally unique to you
77. Your Personal Brand Strengths – Ensure you advertise this directly and indirectly
78. Your Personal Brand Limitations – Be realistic about them
79. Your Personal Brand Limitations – Be prepared to be attacked & criticized on them
80. Your Personal Brand Limitations – know how to deal with them
81. Have your Personal Brand Logo
82. Have a Personal Brand Tagline
83. Choose a Personal Brand Nickname
84. Know what your Personal Brand Essence is
85. Have a 30 second Irresistible Elevator Pitch to market your Personal Brand Stand out
86. Have Digital Marketing Material Ready about your Personal Brand that can be sent to anyone – both for digital viewing or for Printing Purposes
87. Create an Amazing Personal Business Card
88. Learn to share one minute videos on Instagram and perfect them
89. Try creating an amazing Infographic and share it with people
90. Register with Freelance Websites and advertise your services
91. Always have a Free Offer on Your website
92. Have a minimum amount pay-for-an-order with regards to what you offer that no one can say no to
93. Learn to charge people who are close to you for your services
94. Develop a reputation among friends and peers for what you do
95. Ensure every year you grow and develop your brand i.e. you charge more money because you offer more value to your clients
96. Try & Experiment with new Strategies, concepts, ideas and themes every time
97. Once a week dedicate time to only creatively think of how you can enhance your brand
98. Learn how to write 3,000 worded articles on what you represent. Google picks up on these. Be specific, be value driven & have deep knowledge in them.
99. Understand what technical terms like SEO, Slug, Meta, Keywords, Links, Meta Description Length, Keyword Density etc mean
100. Follow the 80/20 rule where your brand is concerned
101. Do not seek perfect execution in everything you do. You will never achieve Perfection. They will forever be room for improvement. So best – just do it. And in time – perfection will come
102. Start small and build
103. See what works. Use it. Keep it. Improve on it. What doesn’t work, discard it.
104. Create a new list of friends, contacts and relationships always
105. Discard, discontinue and remove old contacts
106. Be able to tell your story to the world
107. Know & Master The Art of Story Telling
108. Learn to Negotiate with people constantly
109. Learn how to Break the Ice with people
110. Learn how to have conversation with strangers
111. Learn the Art of Seduction
112. Learn the Art of making people Trust you
113. Learn the Art of making Like You. If people like you, they will do business with you
114. Read Robert Cialdini’s book “Influence”
115. Read books on Creativity
116. Practice organizing events
117. Take up leadership positions in various clubs, groups and associations
118. Leverage opportunities to connect with new people in different settings
119. Have a business mindset
120. Create an Aura of Professionalism especially where your work is concerned
121. Learn to say No
122. Master the Art of asking for an “upsize”
123. Be viciously competitive about your Personal Brand
124. Be totally obsessed about your Personal Brand
125. Be seriously objective about your Personal Brand
126. Never compromise on your Personal Brand
127. Let your Personal Brand be your lasting legacy
The World’s #1 Personal Branding Coach