From the Desk of Loy Machedo: Bollywood Actor John Abraham – Strange Facts
Each and every actor and actress is a personal brand.
They have their mannerisms, they have their personality, they have their onscreen persona.
And added to all these layers is the real side to them.
Personally, I do not watch Bollywood movies, but when I came across this youtube video, I took a fascination to John Abraham’s Brand.
Watch the video, read the facts and let me know what you think.
So who is Bollywood Actor John Abraham?
- John Abraham was born on 17 December 1972
- He was born to a Malayali Nasrani Father and a Parsi mother. And BTW – his Parsi name is Farhan
- He is an Indian film actor, producer and a former model who appears in Hindi films.
- He made his film debut with Jism (2003), which earned him a Filmfare Best Debut Award nomination.
- His first commercial success, Dhoom (2004).
- His first major critical success Water (2005).
- Abraham’s athletic and muscular physique has contributed to his status as one of the most influential sex symbols in Bollywood.
- Beyond his acting career, he is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team NorthEast United FC.
- He has often performed many dangerous stunts in his films.
- He is also a vegetarian, and is a strong advocate for animal rights.
- In terms of awards, He received two Filmfare Award nominations, for his negative roles in Dhoom, and in Zinda (2006) & was nominated for a Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor for the film Baabul (2006).
- His name is actually the reverse of his Father’s Name i.e. Abraham John
- He sleeps naked
- Abhishek Bachan, Hrithik Roshan, Uday Chopra were his school mates as they studied in the same school – Bombay Scottish School
- He hates going to parties, dance clubs and late night session as he is against drugs, and alcohol
- He is highly educated – He has a Masters in Business Administration from Mumbai
- JA was a running enthusiast. He has won prizes for 200 meters and 500 meters
- He purchased his first bike at the age of 18 for Rs. 17,500
- His dad still travels by bus and his mom travels by Auto
- JA’s brother – is an architect and photographer and is part of AJ architecture firm.
- JA gets high on sound. He has an audiophile collection of 52 speakers that fill up his Mumbai residence.
- His Residence has some interesting facts:
- 52 Speakers al around +
- Spacious wardrobe +
- motorcycle hemlets signed by the who’s who +
- a sea view dwelling floor to glass windows +
- fully equipped gym.
- His critically and commercially successful films include:
- Kaal (2005),
- Garam Masala (2005),
- Taxi No. 9211 (2006),
- Dostana (2008),
- New York (2009),
- Force (2011),
- Desi Boyz (2011),
- Housefull 2 (2012),
- Race 2 (2013),
- Shootout at Wadala (2013),
- Madras Cafe (2013),
- Welcome Back (2015),
- Dishoom (2016),
If you enjoyed the article, please like, share and comment.
The World’s #1 Personal Branding Coach